Commercialization of intellectual property, turning it into a commodity - is very topical, the successful solution of which gives the possibility of real income from the monopoly over the exclusive rights. If these rights are objectively evaluated, have received proper clearance, have legal protection and market demand, they are translated into a liquid asset of your company.
Trademark - a powerful tool in the competition. It allows you to separate the specific product from the other ones and fix them for certain associations. Due to the competent «promotion» (branding) product becomes known in the market and its consumer group.
This positive effect on sales growth, and allows some to inflate the prices of similar goods (in this case, the consumer pays for a guarantee of product quality and a certain way, whom he trusts).
Trademark - memorable image, symbol, a designation distinguishing the goods and services of one producer from the goods and services of other manufacturers.
The value of the exclusive rights to trademarks and service marks is that they provide the holder certain, sometimes quite substantial, the benefits to business.
As we move in the market value of the trademark increases and it becomes an important element of the property complex of the enterprise. Already it is no news that the market value of a trademark may significantly exceed the cost of production and material resources of the firm. Grade trademark of the company (brand) has a positive impact on its overall market value and, consequently, its attractiveness for partners and investors.
Feature evaluation trademark
Evaluation of a trademark, trademark, trade name or other distinguishing characteristic of the goods is closely related to the assessment of business and is based on the analysis of the complete cycle of production and sale of goods or services from this company. In assessing the trademark calculated the market value of the object being evaluated through the determination of the degree of influence of the distinguishing characteristic of the value of the company's profits and sales volume of goods and services.
Nevertheless, when assessing the trademark must be borne in mind that by itself it does not create customer value. However, advertising of the trademark promotes consumer product properties, helping to create a demand and, consequently, higher prices for it.
Evaluation of the trademark - is often the assessment of its reputation. The exceptions include, for example, the trademark is registered, but have not yet launched into circulation. It may well be judged as an object of licensing, and its use without proper authorization will be considered a violation of exclusive rights. Consequently, the price of such a trademark may be determined by the amount of compensation for the violation of rights in respect pravoobladaniya them. In trademark valutaion under the object evaluation refers to the right to have it (or «the exclusive right to use the trademark»).
The list of documents and information required by an appraiser to valuate the trademark:
- Evidence for a trademark (service mark).
- Brief description of the goods (services) produced under valued trademark (service mark).
- Brief description of the market of goods (services) produced under valued trademark (service mark).
- Brief description of the commercial use of a trademark (service mark).
- Business-plan commercial use of a trademark (service mark), indicating the proposed gross receipts of necessary investments, expenses, net profit, etc. - For years. Business plan must be approved by the head of the enterprise.
- Costs incurred for the establishment of a trademark (service mark).
- The cost of legal and other protection for a trademark (service mark).
- These documents for trademark valuation (service mark) must be provided in the form of copies, stamped and signed by an authorized person of the customer ratings, or a notary.
The cost of the trademark valuation (service mark) is specified in each case and depends on the following factors:
- type and composition of the object of evaluation;
- complete and accurate information available to customers need information about the object of evaluation;
- timing of the order.
RENTA GROUP company evaluate the trademark on the basis of Certificate of State Property Fund of Ukraine. Experts of our company have many years practical experience Assessment trademarks.
Evaluation of trademarks is carried out in accordance with procedures as determined by the current legislation of Ukraine, based contract with the customer. The results of the work is made evaluation report of a trademark, having full legal force to the participants in the transaction and the users of the report.